Brotte Condrieu "Versant Doré" white 2017
VARIETIES : 100% Viognier
YIELD : 35 hl/ha
NUMBER OF BOTTLES : 2 200 b.
HISTORY AND VINEYARD :
“Versant Doré” (golden hillside) : a tribute to a hilly and sunny terroir.
The fruit comes from two parcels of vines across 1.5ha, of which 1ha is planted in steep terraces. The vineyards have a perfect exposition to the south-south-east on one of the most beautiful hillsides of the appellation, known as ‘La Roche Coulante’. Our cuvée is the result of a collaboration between our œnologist and Christophe Pichon, whose care, skill and know-how are evident in all aspects of his vineyard, his vines and his wines.
VINIFICATION AND MATURATION :
Sustainable viticulture. Green harvest to limit the yield. Hand-harvested into small cases and rapid transportation to the winery to avoid oxidation. Gentle pneumatic press. Cold settling of the juice for 12 hours. Alcoholic fermentation for 20 days followed by malolactic fermentation. Vinification and maturation in French oak barrels (new and mature) for 9 months for 35% while the remaining 65% stays in stainless steel vats to retain freshness. Bottling in June the year following the harvest.
“Complex and Round”
Colour – Pale yellow with golden glints
Nose – Wildflowers and roses developing to aromas of apricot and exotic fruits.
Palate – Unctuous with good structure leading to a powerful finish. Initially apricot and white peach followed by nutmeg and vanilla on the finish. Balanced and very elegant with beautiful length.
FOOD AND WINE MATCHING :
Serve at 12°C.
Serve as an aperitif or enjoy with foie gras, monkfish in saffron sauce, shellfish platters, creamy chicken dishes with potato dauphinoise.
VINTAGE : 2017 : A good year with low yields. With beautiful rich sugar and deep colours, the red wines are powerful, round and balanced. Whites and rosés are fat, full-bodied and have kept good freshness. 2016 : An exceptional year. The reds are aromatic, powerful, round, fine and balanced, while the whites display freshness, unctuosity, full body and great length.
Vint. 2014 : PARKER 89 - BETTANE & DESSEAUVE 14.5/20
Vint. 2011: BETTANE & DESSEAUVE 15/20